Sunday, September 22, 2013

composition study

so i did start to study composition today. my friend share a good movie reference.
and the movie i pic do really have good composition.

i really did have some trouble doing this one. i'm getting really rusty and have a hard time using the tablet (such a shame).

 i picked a colored movie and did try to do a colored study but since my o-c-ness creep in
i almost forgot my purpose and just concentrate on the outcome so after a few minutes (since the result is not good and luckily i realize it before i wasted hour on it) i drop it and shift to black and white.


the 1st study is very simple, i could have finished it very quick but before i realize i'm trying to copy every little details which of course will destroy the purpose of my study, so scratch again and go back to my main goal. the 2nd one is more complex but still have the same problem, i always have to  remind myself "no to details!"
i did enjoy it! and did notice some principles in composition. i'll make more study!!
let's just hope my next work will improve.

i just hope i'll continue to see more pics on the net.



1 comment:

  1. haha i know what you mean rona! :))) I keep forgetting my main goal most of the time too. On the side note, try to not outline the characters with black and reserve it only for the darkest dark. Then check the whole image by squinting your eyes or making it really small. Just some stuff i read and learnt that i hope you'd find helpful too :) im really glad youre studying! Looking forward to more stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete